- All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671: 2018 18th edition regulations and any amendments in force at the time of works.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of works.
- Electrical installation, Minor Works Certificates and Building Regulations notifications issued by Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd, cover only those works installed/commissioned by Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd.
- Where work is to extend/modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume existing circuits are safe and in adequate condition. Any works required to bring these circuits up to standard will be at additional cost and discussed with client.
- No addition or alteration will be carried out to rubber insulated (VIR) cables. A re-wire will be discussed with client.
- Where carpet or floor coverings require lifting, best endeavours will be made to avoid damage and to re-fit to an acceptable standard. However we may recommend a specialist fitter to effect a fully professional re-instatement.
- Unless agreed beforehand, chases to walls etc, will be left un-filled. If making good is required, this will not be to decorator’s finish. Final decoration, painting etc. is not included with works.
- Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd will endeavour to undertake installation work to a clean standard. However, some additional vacuuming and cleaning down of surfaces should be expected afterwards.
- Any equipment susceptible to damage from dust (TV’s computer equipment etc), must be removed from the work area prior to our arrival on site and any valuable items stored, to prevent damage.
- Where works include the installation of a new Consumer Unit, under Part P Building Regulations it is a legal requirement that the whole installation be tested to ensure it is safe to connect to the new Unit. The basic cost for this is included in the installation cost.
- Any faults found during the above testing which are deemed as unsafe, must be rectified prior to that circuit being reconnected to any new Consumer Unit. Any costs for such work will be in addition to any previously quoted figure. Such issues will be brought to the client’s attention as soon as is practical during works. In particular it may be necessary to install new main services bonding to water, gas or oil supplies. This is especially common on properties built during or prior to the early 1970’s.
- The clearing and/or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included within the quote unless specified. Whilst we try to be as helpful as possible, we will only do limited moving to create access and will not be held liable for damage to such items should such action be necessary.
- We will try to ensure that electrical items are plugged back in and in working order before we leave the premises, however we will not be held responsible for any losses due to any electrical item not being plugged back in/switched on.
- Removal from site and disposal of rubble, materials, general waste and packaging is included. Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd may, at their discretion, remove old fittings and wiring for responsible disposal and have a Waste Carrier’s Licence.
Staged Works Definition:
- First Fix: Positioning and securing of accessory boxes. Preparation and positioning of cables.
- Second Fix: Termination of conductor’s to accessories and protective devices. Certification and commissioning.
- Pricing: Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between 08:00 – 18.00 hours Monday – Friday inclusive. Work required by the client outside of these hours may attract a premium rate which will be agreed with the client ahead of works taking place.
- Estimated and quoted costs assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with the client. In the event working hours are reduced due to client action causing us to make additional visits to site, we have the right to charge for these additional visits.
- Where an estimate is based on a visual survey, we will assume a source of power and feed is present for any installations. At the commencement of works, in the event we discover this not to be the case we will advise the customer. Additional work to trace and supply a power feed will be charged as an extra.
- Where works comprise the changing of the switches and sockets, we will itemise those fittings visible during the survey. Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd will not be responsible or liable for switches and sockets which are subsequently found following the moving of furniture etc. We will try to accommodate the additional replacements required, but these will be charged as extras and may need to be carried out at a later stage if such items need to be ordered.
- The cost of any additional work and materials not covered in estimate/quote, will be added to the invoice under ‘Additional Works’, having been first agreed with client.
- Estimates/quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of the estimate.
- Estimates/quotations will state clearly if subject to VAT and this will be payable by the client.
Risk and Title Of Goods:
- All goods supplied shall remain the property of Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd until all sums due have been paid in full.
- Our membership of the ECA means that our work is covered by the ECA Guarantee of Work Scheme
As members of the Buy With Confidence Scheme we are independently approved by Trading Standards and are committed to operating legally, honestly and fairly. Therefore, in the unlikely event that you encounter any problems, we will endeavour to fully assist you to satisfy our obligations under the Consumer Right Act.
- Where fire alarms are installed, the warranty is only valid if the system is maintained by a competent person and in accordance with the recommendations within BS5839.
- An invoice will be issued on completion of works. Payment terms are 14 days for domestic and 30 days for commercial, unless specifically agreed beforehand in writing.
- Larger projects involving a separate first and second fix will require stage payments comprising a deposit, interim payment and final payment on completion of all works.
- If the completion of first/second fix is delayed by more than two weeks we have the right to invoice for works completed to that point and will pro-rata the invoice accordingly. If applicable, such stage payments will be advised as part of the estimate/quotation.
- Payment is accepted by bank transfer or cheque.
- A minimum of two days notice is required for cancellation of works.
- In the event cancellation is made with less that two days notice, the client may be charged for the labour component of agreed works.
- In the event our engineers arrive on site at the agreed time/slot and are unable to gain access. Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd will consider this a short notice cancellation and may charge as above.
Denis Bonnici Electricians Ltd will try to return all unused materials to the wholesaler at no cost to the client in the event of a cancellation.